Tuesday 22 January 2008

My end of suffering

The final stage arrived here
The ending came, hence death
Hitherto I do not feel trapped, or worn
By my chair, chest nor form.

This bridge alone I must now cross
And leave my loves behind
But do not cry nor mourn for me
I am walking! I am pain free!

I left my prison chair alone
And my loving life and wife behind
For you all to remember dear
My words and whispers in your ear.

My unsolved riddles I take with me
Fond memories of my loved ones too
And as I now will watch over you
I can guard and save your pew.

Strong bonds, I’ll leave unbroken
Favours, wishes and promises unforgotten
Whatever we were, we are and forever be
Your kisses, words and laughs I hold with me.

And when we meet again, darling
You shall see what I have seen
And see that I have gained, no loss
When you too that bridge shall cross.



In loving memory of my stepdad Dino Costas.

1 comment:

tony.unwin said...

Hi Kat, these poems are wonderful, you paint some wonderful images with your words..

keep them coming..
:o)
T
ps have added link to my blog